How to prepare grilled salmon
- Cut the salmon into long slice around 1 cm thick.
- Marinate the salmon in concentrated Teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes, and keep it at 1-5 °C.
- Set a pan over medium heat and grill the marinated salmon until it’s slightly cooked before using it for rolling into sushi.
How to prepare concentrated Teriyaki sauce
- Set a pot over medium heat with Takumi Aji® Teriyaki, smashed garlics, chopped Japanese spring onions, and mix them well.
- Add sugar and stir for about 5-10 minutes until it melts and the sauce starts to get sticky.
- Trasfer it into a well sealed container, and let it cool.
How to prepare sushi
- Transfer steamed Japanese rice into a ceramic bowl, add rice vinegar and spread out the rice evenly to cool down for around 5-10 minutes.
- Put a seaweed sheet on a bamboo sushi mat, then put around 0.5 cm thick layer of rice all over the seaweed. Follow with salmon, long cucumber, and carrot. Then, roll it into circle and press it for around 30 seconds.
- Prepare the Tempura batter by mixing RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor with cold water in a bowl with the proportion of 1 flour: 1.7 water, and mix them well.
- Put a pan over medium heat with vegetable oil. When the pan is heated, dip the sushi roll which is coated with RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor with the Tempura batter, and deep fried it. Then, transfer it to a paper towel.
- Cut it to bite size and transfer to a dish. Then, season it with concentrated Teriyaki sauce, and Baisen Goma Creamy Sauce (Ajinomoto Salad Dressing Brand).
- Sprinkle with Tempura crumbles before serve.
- Don’t overcook the grilled salmon, as the meat will get too hard.
- The mixed concentrated Teriyaki sauce is able to be kept for 7-10 days in a well sealed container at 1-5 C.
- Before cutting the sushi, wipe the knife with a damp towel to prevent the rice from sticking on the knife, and to get a beautifully cut sushi roll.
- The water for mixing RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor has to be ice cold, to make the batter crispy when deep fried. Before deep frying, make a test by dipping a batter into a pan. If the batter springs up from the pan then it is ready. Also, deep frying with small amount to prevent tempura from oily.
- To steam the Japanese rice, don’t use a stainless container, as the acid in the rice vinegar may create a chemical reaction that affect the rice. Also, recommended to use the spatula to spread the rice in order to soak in the rice vinegar into the rice and cover it with plastic film before using it.
preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 5-7 minutes
Cost: 28 THB
Recommended selling price: 95 – 135 THB