How to prepare Shrimp tempura
- Clean the shrimp, pull off the outer shell and head while keeping the last segment on the tail. Use the tip of the knife to remove the vein. Make a couple of slids underside to prevent the shrimp from bending when deep frying. Then, transfer it to another container.
- Prepare the Tempura batter by mixing RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor with cold water in a bowl with the proportion of 1 flour: 1.7 water, and mix them well.
- Put a pan over medium heat with vegetable oil. When the pan is heated, dip the shrimp which is coated with RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor with the Tempura batter, and deep fried it. Make sure to start dipping from the back side (belly up) and dip in the head in first.
Keep the tail outside and make small drops of Tempura batter on the shrimp body, deep fried until it turns golden brown and well cooked. Then, transfer it to a paper towel to drain the oil.
How to prepare spicy Ebiko sauce
- Mix Baisen Goma Creamy Sauce (Ajinomoto Salad Dressing Brand), Goma-Shoyu Salad Dressing (Ajinomoto Salad Dressing Brand), and chili sauce until well combined.
- Add in sugar and mix them again.
- Add ebiko, and mix the sauce well again before transfering it to a well sealed container.
How to prepare sushi roll
- Transfer steamed Japanese rice into a ceramic bowl, add rice vinegar and spread out the rice evenly to cool down for around 5-10 minutes.
- Put a seaweed sheet on a bamboo sushi mat, then put around 0.5 cm thick layer of rice all over the seaweed. Follow with shrimp tempura, long cucumber, and carrot. Then, roll it into circle and press it for around 30 seconds.
- Set a pan over medium heat and add vegetable oil. Dip the sushi roll into Tempura batter, and deep fried it until it turns golden brown. Then, move it to a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Cut it to bite size and transfer to a dish. Then, season it with Takumi Aji® Teriyaki and spicy ebiko sauce.
- Decorate with ebiko before serve.
- The water for mixing RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor has to be ice cold, to make the batter crispy when deep fried. Before deep frying, make a test by dipping a batter into a pan. If the batter springs up from the pan then it is ready. Also, deep frying with small amount to prevent tempura from oily.
- You can also change from RosDee menu Crispy Flour Hot&Spicy Flavor to original flavor.
- The mixed spicy ebiko sauce can be kept for 5 days in a well sealed container at 1-5 °C .
- Adjust the level of spiciness of the sauce with the chili paste’s recipe you prefer.
- Before cutting the sushi, wipe the knife with a damp towel to prevent the rice from sticking on the knife, and to get a beautifully cut sushi roll.
- To steam the Japanese rice, don’t use a stainless container, as the acid in the rice vinegar may create a chemical reaction that affect the rice. Also, recommended to use the spatula to spread the rice in order to soak in the rice vinegar into the rice and cover it with plastic film before using it.
preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 10-15 mins
Cost: 22 THB
Recommended selling price: 77 -165 THB